Valuement Group is looking for a:
a passionate and experienced Data Engineer and Scientist. He/she joins the international “Smart Data” team of 3 people, attached to the Head of Smart Data, and will work vertically for projects for our customers in 8 countries.
The main mission is to turn raw data from our customers into information, information into insight and insight to business value in order to carry out our consulting services. Strategic issue for the company, the candidate will evaluate complex and various data, develop data analytics solutions and provide data knowledge and automation support for our consultants. In addition, you will be have the opportunity to work and setup new advanced analytics topics and contribute to open new business opportunity.
What we Offer:
- International and challenging environment, great possibilities to grow, learning from different topics and areas and supporting other colleagues as a mentor
- Independence, respect and trust as long as your agenda is aligned with ours
- Great team, office, tools and culture
If you are an enthusiastic professional, passionate about retail and focused on value-adding experiences, we are curious to meet you!
The main activities on which the candidate will work are:
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Lead data analysis lifecycle : Understand raw data, convert, enrich, design and execute algorithms for final analysis
- Identify patterns and trends in data sets
- Report the results back to stakeholders
- Work alongside our teams Local Business Services to understand business needs
- Provide data support four our consultants (documentation, training, support)
- Develop solutions with the team for automating and simplifying data analysis
- Participate to new business services development (software solutions, data platform)
- Help develop the vision, maintain, enhance and design our data infrastructure
In addition he/she will also participate to the group’s projects (Software development, Big Data infrastructure, Business Services, etc.).
Coming from an engineering school or equivalent in computer science or applied statistics, the ideal candidate has :
- 2 or 3 years of experience in the field of data analysis, data science.
- Ideally experienced in the sector of audit or retail.
- Expertise in data analysis
- Deep knowledge of at least one DBMS (Preferred Microsoft SQL Server, otherwise MySql, Oracle, PostgreSQL) or NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Advanced development skills in SQL, preferred T-SQL language (querying, stored procedures, functions, etc)
- Experience with ETL and analytical services like SSIS and SSAS
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning practices (supervised and unsupervised learning) with statistical background
- Proficiency in development with languages R or Python
- Experience with big data infrastructures (NoSQL DB, Apache Spark, Hadoop etc.) and Cloud services is a nice to have
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Service and result oriented mind
- Ability to manage simple projects (plan, do, follow)
- Ability to work on own initiative, to solve complex problem in order to reach with proactivity goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level in English (written and oral)
- Experience in retail / FMCG
- Pricing analysis, basic knowledge on category management, understanding of market research and surveys
- Knowledge in execution of the pricing strategy
- Open-minded, willingness to join a consulting team, problem-solving, analytic, passionate about retail industry, motivated to improve